Paul addresses believers -
1. Corporately - to fully explain the church, the Body and Bride of Christ - a living organism in which all believers are one.
2. Individually - to share my responsibilities in the body.
3. Individually - to share my responsibilities in the world
He also shares how we are able to live out our respective responsibilities:
1. Understanding my position
2. Understanding the power available to me
3. Allowing that power to guide me in my walk
(Key verse - 3:20)
"Whatever increases the authority and power of the flesh (old man) over the authority and power of the Spirit (new man) in your life, whatever does this, to you becomes sin, however good it is in itself.”
- Susanna Wesley