As I prepare to partake of the elements of the Lord’s Supper, in light of the instructions in 1 Corinthians to examine myself,
I ask myself this morning:
1. Am I a true believer?
Faith alone in Christ alone
2. Am I living by the Word of God in submission to the Holy Spirit?
3. Am I currently in right relationship with others?
4. Have I confessed all known sin of commission (doing what the Bible says not to do) and all sins of omission (not doing what the Bible commands to do)?
5. Am I remembering the cost Jesus paid for my salvation?
6. Am I practicing the “put off” - “put on” principle as taught in Ephesians 4 and directed by the Indwelling Holy Spirit?
Question to Ponder:
“And how must it feel at that moment beyond time, in a place beyond imagining, to learn for oneself the irrevocable verdict of eternity?”